EducationLink complies with the privacy laws of the country where it is incorporated (Australia), at the same time, EducationLink complies with GDPR laws (Europe) and as part of our infrastructure is based in the U.S. we comply with their local laws too.
The most comprehensive of these laws is the GDPR. So in this article, we cover a little bit more on how we handle your privacy and how does the GDPR influences our decisions and procedures.
Usage data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the EducationLink services or from our infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
We are a Data Controller of your personal data.
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
We are the Data Processor of the personal data of your company's clients.
Data Subject is any living individual who is using EducationLink and is the subject of personal data. You may have your own Data Subject (like your clients).
Use of data collected by us
These is how we use the data you provide to us:
- To provide and maintain EducationLink;
- To notify you about changes to EducationLink;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of EducationLink when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve EducationLink;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
We do not monitor the content uploaded to our platform and we do not sell, share or redistribute the data uploaded to EducationLink. You're still the owner of the data and we make no claim to your brand and other assets of your company.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your personal data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Data
EducationLink will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our software, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of EducationLink;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of our software or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed about what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
For more information about how we keep your data security when processing payments, check out our support article: How does EducationLink keep my data secure?.
For more information about how we keep your data security, head to our support article: How does EducationLink keep my data secure?.