You can define rules and let EducationLink segment your leads and students in groups for advanced and customized marketing and advertising
Segmenting students and leads is the act of grouping them by specific demographics and behavior. Segmenting your customer base allows you to have more effective and efficient marketing and sales processes.
EducationLink allows you to create segments (or "groups of students") to have seamless integration with other parts of the software, such as:
Creating a segment
You can define the rules EducationLink will use to create segments of students. To create a segment, go to the "Marketing" menu, then click on "Segments", finally, click on the "Add segment" button.
AND or OR
Here is where you can define the rules. EducationLink allows you to do quite complex rules, but we will keep it simple in this article.
AND or OR: You can have many conditions to be part of a segment, for example, being Italian and lead. Use the AND or OR operands to instruct EducationLink on how to coordinate all the conditions you create.
AND logic condition:
With the AND logic condition, our system will include students and leads who meet all conditions in your segment. Using AND logic narrow the number of contacts that match because each of these conditions must be met.
OR logic condition:
With the OR logic condition, our system will look at each condition independently. This means that contacts only need to meet one of your conditions in order to be included. Conditions in this type of segment are NOT dependent on each other so OR conditions will broaden your results.
- Status: You can choose if the student is Onshore or Offshore;
- Gender: You can choose if the student is male, female, or others;
- Nationality: You can choose the nationality of the student;
- Phone: You can narrow your segment by matching few or one phone numbers;
- CRM Status: You can choose between any of EducationLink's CRM statuses (e.g. Lead, Client, etc);
- Office: You can choose the office of the student;
- Referral source: You can match the referral sources of your students;
- Last submitted form: Match the name of the last form submitted;
- Google Analytics Client ID: If you are using the Google Analytics add-on, you can segment by customers with the Client ID;
- Predicted income amount: When a quote is generated for a student, EducationLink will automatically predict how much is the potential revenue of the lead;
- Heat level: Narrow your segment by how hot is the lead (e.g. Hot, Cold, etc);
- Predicted income currency: When a quote is generated for a student, EducationLink will automatically predict how much is the potential revenue of the lead, in this field you are able to match the currency (e.g. AUD, USD, CAD);
- Predicted course duration: When a quote is generated for a student, EducationLink will automatically predict how much is the potential revenue of the lead, in this field you are able to match the number of weeks they want to study;
- Legal basis for processing data: GDPR directive instructs every company to have a legal basis for processing data, here you can narrow your segment to just a specific legal basis.